Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Invasion warning

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 6:11:14 AM
I am very new to this game and so far like it very much. Yet When I am being invaded and I am distracted by something else sometimes I dont know I am being invaded. Is there a way to have a message pop up when you are being invaded. I have a bit of a pirate problem smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 12:32:17 PM
Yeah, pirates can be a problem in the early game. I don't think there is a way currently for notifications of systems being invaded, but that might be a feature we see with the beta or gold versions on the game. As it is, I can only recommend taking a look at your systems on the galaxy screen, just to make sure nothing looks off before clicking "End Turn."
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 1:31:03 PM
Yeah I found that I need to zoom in some so I can get a good view of the planet and can clearly see any ships around it or near it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 8:15:02 PM
If people would vote for it that's something that could be in the next update (invasion warnings) but it doesn't look like that is currently the winning vote.

EDIT : Everyone has pointed more towards a mere 'free cam' mid battle... (which I find to be very non relevant to a game that needs to work well before it looks too great from all angles)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 11:09:33 PM
Fierhorn wrote:
I am very new to this game and so far like it very much. Yet When I am being invaded and I am distracted by something else sometimes I dont know I am being invaded. Is there a way to have a message pop up when you are being invaded. I have a bit of a pirate problem smiley: smile

I think it would be good for some situations but often I find myself in a bit of a border war in which I am being invaded and invading every turn and planets are changing hands several times. At that point those warnings would get incredibly annoying so the ability to turn it off would be a must for me if this is included.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 2:28:57 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
Yeah, pirates can be a problem in the early game. I don't think there is a way currently for notifications of systems being invaded, but that might be a feature we see with the beta or gold versions on the game. As it is, I can only recommend taking a look at your systems on the galaxy screen, just to make sure nothing looks off before clicking "End Turn."

I find pirates can be annoying because of their grey colour scheme, coupled with being on a black background. Sometimes I don't even see the buggers
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 3:54:15 PM
I certrainly would not mind an invasions button. There is always one that happens on some other part of the map. This typically occurs when I am trying to concentrate on my own invasion. And its always the farthest point away from my fleets :-)

Just a button that shows up like the rest at the beginning of the turn that I can choose to either click and expand or right click and dismiss. As another poster said, make it an option to turn it off (or really an option to turn off any notification).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 3:59:06 PM
chuckrman wrote:
I certrainly would not mind an invasions button. There is always one that happens on some other part of the map. This typically occurs when I am trying to concentrate on my own invasion. And its always the farthest point away from my fleets :-)

Just a button that shows up like the rest at the beginning of the turn that I can choose to either click and expand or right click and dismiss. As another poster said, make it an option to turn it off (or really an option to turn off any notification).

We will eventually be getting more alerts, and notifications of invasions are included in that. It's up for vote in the G2G part of Endless Space's website whether we get this with the next update, or we get it later, likely when the game is fully released.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 11:31:21 AM
What to vote for???? Free Camera or alerts....so hard to decide. Love this game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 9:26:36 AM
Fierhorn wrote:
What to vote for???? Free Camera or alerts....so hard to decide. Love this game.

Yeah, I voted for the free cam, but I think I should've picked the More Alerts Messages proposal.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 10:00:51 AM
Araithiel wrote:
I find pirates can be annoying because of their grey colour scheme, coupled with being on a black background. Sometimes I don't even see the buggers

This - I lost a whole system to Pirates because of it and when I did notice it finally I was tied up fighting off pirates in another system so the Sophons moved in (we had a free passage agreement) and took the system which was right in the middle of my controlled space and was a resource heavy system. It would be diplomatic of me to say I called no joy once I noticed this...
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment