This is just a quick brain dump of some things I've noticed in the mid-late game with regard to the Empire Management screen. I realise that some of this is specific to the way that I play, which probably isn't applicable to many others but I thought I'd give some feedback regardless. I've only been playing on Normal, so my play style will probably vary as I graduate to the harder levels.

I more often use Empire Management for the mid-late game, when I've grown a bit and taken over a few more systems. I use it often for:

• Identifying systems that have maxxed out their population, so that I can queue any available pop increasing improvements
  • Upon researching new tech, looking for any systems that are pumping out science/dust or could otherwise benefit from new improvements
  • Finding ships that have been built but not put into a fleet
  • Finding "No production" systems that I missed in the build notification, or when I conquer/colonise a system and forget to update its build queue.
  • Finding low approval systems to queue approval improvements

For the most part it work quite well - kudos to the devs for getting the Empire Management screen to remember the last sort, that's saved me a ****load of time smiley: biggrin However, it is still a little difficult to:

• Find the maxxed population systems
  • Sort by currently produced item. This is not as much of an issue, I don't need to do this very often but would be nice.
  • Figure out the impact of tax rate on science - do I still have x turns to the next research if I bump the tax rate up?
  • Find the system on the star map - am I missing something here? Maybe I'm not double-clicking in the right place

Offtopic, is there a way to see the version number outside the initial screen?

Hope this isn't seen as a gripe, I'm enjoying the game very much! Just wanting to provide some info on some of the minor annoyances that I'm finding.

Edit: Version number was actually 0.43.5, unsure how to change the thread title though.