Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Racial campaign

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 5:16:32 PM
I was thinking what if each race had its own campaign; this game has endless potential for possible story lines. I'm interested in what kind of alliances and rivalries the races would have with each other, and a story line based on the milky way galaxy. I like how all the players become space faring at the same time from a game play perspective but I kind of want to see a campaign too.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 5:22:15 PM
I'm certain this has been suggested before, but, I couldn't find it in Jetkar's list of suggested ideas. Huh...

Anyway, I agree. I would love to see some kind of campaign or story-aspect of the game, simply because I tend to play single-player games more often than not. And with such an incredible universe as Amplitude has created, a story to go with it would be just awesome.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 6:07:18 PM
As has I think been stated by the developers previously, adding a narrative to the game would force them to constrict the gameplay and your actions to force you down a certain line, which they are not enthusiastic to do, as it is intended and implemented to be an open sandbox universe.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 6:22:59 PM
I think there's more chance to put people off the game than to keep them if you add a campaign to this type of game. You'd have to severely restrict and funnel players through a certain path, which limits them to a point that they don't experience the full depth of the game and might abandon it before giving it a proper chance.

Enhancing immersion and involvement through dynamic missions and more diplomatic interaction would go much further and add much more longevity to the game than a campaign would. Just my 2 cents.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 6:31:33 PM
What if, instead of turning single-player into a campaign, there was just the option? You can play the way it is now, or (later, perhaps as an expansion pack) you can play through a campaign or story?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 6:53:15 PM
Having a campaign might be good, but I don't see it as necessary.

(Master of Orion didn't have one, while GalCiv 2 did - I usually played sandbox in GalCiv though, and did never finish the campaign.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 6:53:18 PM
Did you ever play the GalCiv campaigns? :P

They were pretty pointless in my opinion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 6:54:13 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
What if, instead of turning single-player into a campaign, there was just the option? You can play the way it is now, or (later, perhaps as an expansion pack) you can play through a campaign or story?

I'm guessing the OP was talking about a campaign along side the existing sandbox mode rather than in place of.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment