Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] - Making your own pre-set templates to build system imrovements.

I like the template idea.
I would prefer a better implemented system AI
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 1:11:38 PM
Hi everyone,

I have seen numerous complaints regarding the problems with the AI system governors (the buildings they make are in a sub-optimal order, they only queue 1 building per turn even though your system could build, say, all of them at once).

My suggestion to remedy this is that players could set a template (maybe max of 4 for each of the FIDS) which they could order a system to execute in the queue. One click, and the system you just colonized would queue all of the system improvements in the order you have set in the template. As you gain new technology you would have to adjust the template, but only doing this once per technology isn't too cumbersome, and it doesn't trivialize micro management.

My reason for suggesting this is brevity in multiplayer games. I would suggest that the templates be optional on a system-by-system level, so players could choose to not use their templates for an individual system in the case they want to churn out ships at one system, rather than converting industry to dust/science.

I also have another issue concerning 100% food surplus => industry system improvement, if your system isn't maxed out on population, no more people grow. Also a stop population growth option would be nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 1:39:30 PM
I'm not so sure. There have been other ways of addressing this that I'd like to see implemented first such as hiding all the irrelevant system upgrades for that system and also a player-chosen hide list where you can put things that you just don't want to use on a system-by-system basis.

I think that would be much faster than actually having to adjust templates every time you get a new tech in addition to updating all the planets that aren't running a template anymore. Plus the template might not address the fact that you don't want to build all those things in every system unless the hiding irrelevant ones option is implemented first, so again I'd like to see that first before this and see if we still think this is necessary.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment