Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

SUGGESTION - An Easy Way to Make Invasions AWESOME :D

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 12:38:05 PM
Hey guys, obviously its still in Beta but currently Invasions are massively dull and strategically shallow. You either conquer a planet or you leave it.

EASY SOLUTION

You enable two options, Invade or Bombard.

Bombarding damages FIDS and lowers production while a health bar depletes turn by turn. If the the bar empties your planet remains yours but becomes 'desolated'. Desolated planets can only build 1 improvement and no ships, they also temporarily loose their 'influence ring' and cant trade. Their one available improvement is just called 'back from the stone age' and maybe takes 20 turns to complete. Once done your planet is fully restored with all its previous system improvements. Any ship can bombard and obviously the time it takes to erode the healthbar is entirely contingent on how much weapon muscle you have.

You could compliment this with a battle screen showing the planet being attacked and firing missiles and stuff back, but I understand thats clearly a lot of work smiley: smile

With invade you take MUCH longer but do no damage to the fids aside from population, the planet becomes yours.

This adds a great deal more strategic depth and clearly offers the player greater choice smiley: smile More importantly its infinitely more realistic and I garuntee you 10 metacritic points if you add it devs smiley: wink Reviews looooooooooooove options!

FEEDBACK PLEASE GUYS smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 12:42:00 PM
Yeah we are having a massive discussion about invasions and the like linked here

There is plenty that could be done to "liven" things up with it and give us more choice/playability/depth to it all. High hopes for the future like the huge discussions about the Space Battles etc. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 12:46:42 PM
Thanks for the link, that's a really fantastic discussion. Hope amplitude saw it smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 1:43:10 PM
Moved to game design proposals.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 3:50:21 PM
I really like the idea of disabling all the buildings without eliminating them all, and forcing the player to invest in a rebuilding process without having to micromanage everything.

I would like to see development of the needs for invasion to make it more of an investment in troops to actually go in and conquer the planet. The current Invasion techs feel more like bombardment techs than Troops / Equipment / Tactics for invasion.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment