Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Custom Race creation and selectable Racial traits

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 10:50:36 PM
After Purchasing and playing the Alpha release of the game, I find that the same races become a bit repetitive and lack diversity.

I am proposing that the designers consider adding a facility to the game where players can create custom races to be played in the game. I am sure many of us would like to see this option, as it is commonplace with most space strategy games of today and the past.

I believe it would be necessary to be able to select racial traits or bonuses, within a certain amount of points so as to keep the game interesting.

Overall I do like the game so far, and hope my suggestions will be considered, but still think it is missing some of the game-play elements of older games. I hope I am not the only one who feels this way.

I also think the tech tree should be much larger, and more diverse.

Keep up the good work.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 10:59:12 PM
Custom race generation has been suggested numerous times and I heartily agree with you regarding it but I must disagree with you regarding the lack of diversity with the current factions. I find them to be well thought out and quite different from one another.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 11:21:38 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I perhaps think my first argument wasn't correct and I didn't convey the question correctly. It just seemed to me they appeared to be mostly carbon based lifeforms and humanoids in nature.

I know this is a separate issue, but shouldn't we be researching how to communicate with aliens we just encountered, or are they all supposed to be able to speak English?

cheers.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 12:59:14 AM
Curious question while we're at the topic of languages - if multiple players play as the same race, can they bypass the tech requirements? Or do they all speak different distinct language/dialects that you cannot easily translate?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 12:43:27 PM
Mansen wrote:
Curious question while we're at the topic of languages - if multiple players play as the same race, can they bypass the tech requirements? Or do they all speak different distinct language/dialects that you cannot easily translate?

You still need to learn that tech (see FAQ, Diplomacy part): just like same race players don't start as allies, we assume that same race faction cannot communicate with each other.

On topic: custom faction has been suggested countless times and we already confirmed it, like davea said (and leave znork alone! smiley: biggrin).
0Send private message
Comment