Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Intergalactic policy

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 3:51:46 AM
So I was thinking, if you ever have played galactic civ 2 you'll know what I'm talking about, that randomly the various player groups (minus Cravers because they listen to no one) got together to vote topics like a intergalactic police force that protects trade routes giving a over all bonus trade, but require each faction to pay certain percentage of their income. Or something along the lines of all the factions voting to end all wars occurring at the moment, along with various other events. I know this is beta and would probably not realistically be put in before release, but what about future DLC or a future update. That would be cool. Anyway what do you guys think?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 2:31:13 PM
In the form of a galactic council (potentially a more advanced form of alliance with a minimum of x members): Yes.

It would require the game to be a bit more advanced in diplomacy though, and potentially have more races in the universe. (With the addition of minor races, such a thing could be very interesting)

Alternatively, the way the unspeakable entry in the Master of Orion series handled this was one of the few good things about the game. One of the very few.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 2:45:25 PM
I agree, this would be interesting to see, but not for the final release. I think it would take too much time. But it would definitely be a good idea for future DLC, or an expansion, or ES2, way down the road.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 2:56:43 PM
There have been several threads about this kind of thing. I also really, really want an expanded diplomacy system, including the ability to form some kind of Galactic Council.

I really like the way the Space Empires series handled this kind of thing. You could form multi-party Alliances with their own name / flag / etc. These Alliances basically had their own diplomatic relationship with other factions / alliances. You could have several Alliances formed in this way, creating a really interesting multi-lateral diplomatic system. I would actually prefer this. Membership in a 'Galactic Council' should be voluntary and exclude xenophobic species like the Cravers and potentially the Sowers. As Evil said, this would be especially interesting if we had minor races. These could add an interesting element to the diplomacy since they could potentially also vote or be pawns / negotiating chips. Civ V has done a decent job of this with City States, although that system is still fairly abstract and gamey.

The diplomacy from Babylon 5 is basically what I have always wanted in a Space Strategy game.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment