Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Please stop the tilting in the system view

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 12:13:46 AM
When I'm trying to grab some population, the tilting is REALLY annoying. I'm not sure what the idea was there...

Also, the hover-over causing the population icons to expand is also really annoying. User interface elements should not be moving targets! smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 12:32:58 AM
Seconded on the tilting. It may not stop me from moving my citizens, but it certainly makes it an aggravating process.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 12:37:03 AM
As long as you mean only when moving citizens, I agree. For planet selection, I like the tilting.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 4:13:03 AM
It should be an option you can select in the UI section in my opinion. I really like the effect, but yeah. It does get really annoying when trying to select population to drag.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 4:44:52 AM
The tilting itself isn't that bad, it's the responsiveness of the tilting to the mouse movement.

Reduce the swing degrees from (what looks like) ±35 degrees to ±15 degrees.

Remove the maximum swing velocity, and replace it with an easing function.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 6:08:13 AM
Dysenious wrote:
It should be an option you can select in the UI section in my opinion. I really like the effect, but yeah. It does get really annoying when trying to select population to drag.

No need to put it as an option - just disable it while holding a population marker.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 7:14:28 AM
Or it could only be triggered when you mouse over a planet, it's a little disorienting seeing the whole system swing around while I'm looking at other parts of the interface.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 7:24:43 AM
i agree that it needs to be changed in someway. reduce tilt sensitivity or something cuz ive accidentally clicked on a planet so many times now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 7:44:53 AM
I agree with the above.

I would suggest holding the Ctrl or Alt key in the system view to stop the tilting and allow us to move people freely.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 8:35:03 AM
I concur with this. It can get immensely annoying when trying to do something specific like dragging population points around. It do like the tilting otherwise though.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 3:05:56 PM
I don't program, can't program nor have any desire to. I therefore hope that some of the very good suggestions are indeed easy to create by the developers.

The tilt is pretty, but is it possible to freeze the motion when a unit of population is moved ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 7:02:17 PM
Agreed with the OP.

Personally I'd like to see the current version simply changed to not rotate when you have a population unit selected, but I'd also like to see it as an option to disable completely. It's a bit distracting and doesn't add a lot to the game in my opinion.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment