Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion UI] Possibility to force warp travel via a key

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 1:02:18 PM
Maybe it has already been suggested, sorry if I miss the post.

Sometimes, for strategic purpose, it is more interesting to warp travel between systems, during wars for example. So it may be very useful to have the possibilty to force it against the pathfinder (reminder : the pathfinder always calculate the shorter way with cosmic line).

> maybe, when a fleet is selected, via shift+right click on the destination system?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 1:12:12 PM
I have thought about this and have been in situations where this would be preferable.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 1:14:52 PM
I will add to this and say this may be an idea if you obtain a Tech allowing you to do this
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 1:31:16 PM
jetkar wrote:
I will add to this and say this may be an idea if you obtain a Tech allowing you to do this

Thanks jetkar!

About your suggestion of adding this via a tech it could be nice. But, considering that this possibility is better useful for the player than for the AI (because the coding of an AI algo able to use it efficiently would be very difficult I think), I am not sure in fact...

> /dicuss! smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 1:38:28 PM
Kruos wrote:
Thanks jetkar!

About your suggestion of adding this via a tech it could be nice. But, considering that this possibility is better useful for the player than for the AI (because the coding of an AI algo able to use it efficiently would be very difficult I think), I am not sure in fact...

> /dicuss! smiley: wink

This is a suggestion and we can pass it to Dev Team for consideration I will add to summary list later today Linked here. We can discuss on Suggestion discussion thread here
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 2:36:15 PM
Great suggestion, and I agree that this would be a valuable keyboard shortcut to have. There have been a couple occasions where I've seen the AI use warp jumps, but I've only been able to use the cosmic lines for the same journey, despite having warp jump engines.

I'm not sure about it being an extra tech to research, though. We already have to research the capability to warp jump in the first place.

This is now a bit of a tangent, but I wouldn't mind seeing warp drives as a ship building module. Nothing too big and heavy, say 5 weight points, or as a modifier that is then automatically applied to all support module engines once the research is completed, which can also extend the warp jump capability to other ships in the fleet. That could improve the role that some people already assign to scout ships, being used for sensors and engine perks within military fleets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 10:09:58 AM
Now you can force warp travel by pressing and holding down Ctrl. Thread closed.
0Send private message
Comment