Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Research Description Text

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 8:48:19 PM
My biggest gripe so far --

In the Research tab, when mouse-hovering over a given research option, it loads up the panel which describes the option --unlocks, science cost, description, and whether it's available to research or not.

Two things:

1.) Delete the section that says "Unknown Technology" or "Available for Research". The color coding Gray/Green is self-evident. It's wasted space.

2.) Biggest Gripe - The Wall-O-Text (description): 9 times out 10, the description is pointless to read. Extrapolating anything useful from these vague descriptions is more work than it should be. Instead, replace it with WHAT IT DOES DO FOR ME. Rather, explain the unlocks and what they do. If you must keep the lengthy and arbitrary description, allow them to be side-loaded via a "read more" link. Cut the fat, and allow the player the option to learn simply before learning complexity (i.e. let us learn the "why should I build this?" question, before the contextual universal story behind the unlock).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 8:50:27 PM
If you zoom all the way in you can hover over the unlocks for the no nonsense specifics of what the research grants you.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 11:53:12 PM
Ah! I see that now! Thanks! I still believe that it shouldn't be as confusing as the way it is now.
0Send private message
0Send private message
Comment