Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[UI] Retrofitting ships could use a shortcut

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 11:35:43 PM
Currently the physical process of retrofitting a ship is a bit awkward.

If you want to upgrade a fleet or ship, you have to memorize the fleet name, go into the fleet list, scroll until you find it, select that fleet, and then you can upgrade it's ships.

Suggestion:

Put a button for retrofitting ships near the fleet listings on the main map, next to the buttons for Colonize, Attack & Invade.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 18, 2016, 4:21:36 PM
I think it is on multaple lists, but shoulden you have to do it from a shipyard instad of in any owned system?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 11:39:05 PM
I think it is on multaple lists, but shoulden you have to do it from a shipyard instad of in any owned system?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 11:45:54 PM
Igncom1 wrote:

By "It" I guess you are referring to the Retrofit button? If so, then no, currently the only way to retrofit is by going into the Fleet List and finding your fleet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 11:49:45 PM
True, but doing it on the fly? ships you want to upgrade should have to be sent back to the systems shipyard inorder to upgrade depending on the systems industrial output.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 11:57:35 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
True, but doing it on the fly? ships you want to upgrade should have to be sent back to the systems shipyard inorder to upgrade depending on the systems industrial output.

No, not doing it on the fly.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 12:00:59 AM
well...yeah, you can do it in systems that are still just outposts with a single population? it desent really make sence that you can re fit entire fleets at some backwater outpost.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 9:22:49 AM
it does seem a little odd to be able to pay and get all those guns and upgrades delivered to whatever outpost you want to refit whatever sized sleet you have.... but I guess that is what you pay for with a retrofit? Maybe the price should vary between outposts and planets that are fully yours....

But anyway, a button would be a must no matter the cost. having to do it through the fleet menu is annoying at best
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 11:50:25 AM
it would also be more helpful to make it more prominant having to search where this option was a complete suprise.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 12:50:49 PM
This has already been suggested and is on the summary list here. If you feel you have any ideas or suggestion then please link your suggestion to discussion thread here
0Send private message
0Send private message
Comment