Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion]more realistic combat?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 6:19:52 AM
so you can also have combat on land instead of only in space, and maybe include a few tweaks to when ships are shot at, instad of looking the same until the ship explodes i think the devs should include like hull breaches and even maybe a damage system for the ships?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 8:21:09 AM
I like the idea of a similar system for system defense, like if some improvements unlocked the cards that you can use to defend, rather than having basically no control over your own system defence.

As for the damage on the ships, it would be nice to have a health bar for each ship, rather than a communal one (both would be fine) so you know if your smaller ships need that engineering card even though your dreadnought is at full health.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 10:00:32 AM
whahaha, really the realistic battle sucks. its more like Cinematic replay xD

i would love to play the battles completely myself like playing "Star Wars: Empire at war" and camera controls like "Napoleon: Total War". this would make the game more like a Strategy game then it is now. now its more like playing Monopoly.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 10:29:54 AM
Thats your opinion mate,

I think they should have ground base battles in the similar card based format, because making it an RTS this late on would by nye on impossible since it would be a primary gameplay mechanic, Ie rewriting the entire game...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 11:36:14 AM
i agree with mrnewell if they were to go ground battles it would have to be the same, i'm happy with it to be honest, and a ground element would be nice.

this game has invasion element but it doesn't fully utilise it.

and seeing a transport ships land on ground for a assault would be amazing.

but Airborn if you want the game to copy another then play those games, this game is fresh and something with a whole new style
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 12:37:32 PM
I do't know about changing the mechanics of space battle this current system has kind of grown on me. It's like for the most part the fleet's general is controlling the ships and since your the president you can only say things like "throw up the deflector shields" or "man the battle stations".
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment