Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Universal "Go-To" Button

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 3:38:57 PM
To especially speed up and support Multiplayer players and their games (noticed this alot so far in Beta) as well as Single Play how about we get a Go-To Button for any and all Alerts/Notices/Fleets/Events etc? smiley: smile

The Giant Flashing Red Arrows pointing at System X or Fleet Y may not be enough if your more interested in quick access to where and whats going on (wishful thinking).

Especially true when a Battle Alert Pops up. Just click the Go-To button and hey presto you have a nice zoom in on the location and whats going on.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 4:23:50 PM
agree, it doesn't always seem to be possible when there's an event message to click on something that takes you to the system or fleet affected... well spotted Dr_Mox! smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 10:01:24 AM
Just some Evidence of Poor UI Functionality in light of my Proposal=

Last night the need for a Universal "Go-To" button was demonstrated when a friend of mine in multiplayer had a disabled mouse wheel and he lost his homeworld on the galaxy map.

Trying to double click his homeworld system (on Empire Management Tab) brought him to the system but when he left the system it returned him to where his galaxy camera was last on the star map. So that was no good.

He had no Fleet to zoom to on the galaxy map(a feature on the Fleet Management Tab) that was at his homeworld or anywhere nearby.

So essentially he was stuck for ages trying to find his homesystem and holding everyone else up on MP.

We were very patient and tried to find for ourselves where possibly there was a feature/key/function to auto zoom to your Homeworld on the Galaxy Map or anyworld you controlled.

Maybe others can try a game and see for themselves, without using a mouse wheel, have no Fleet anywhere, get completely lost on the map and see how long it takes to find your homesystem.

Any suggestions/key bind they know of for finding a world? A search function maybe?

If you have found this feature to be a potential god send feel free to comment about where it would have saved you alot of frustration and hassle.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 10:30:00 AM
Dr_Mox wrote:
To especially speed up and support Multiplayer players and their games (noticed this alot so far in Beta) as well as Single Play how about we get a Go-To Button for any and all Alerts/Notices/Fleets/Events etc? smiley: smile

The Giant Flashing Red Arrows pointing at System X or Fleet Y may not be enough if your more interested in quick access to where and whats going on (wishful thinking).

Especially true when a Battle Alert Pops up. Just click the Go-To button and hey presto you have a nice zoom in on the location and whats going on.

This would be a good feature. I have found it frustrating on more than one occassion that I have to go hunting for systems to navigate a fleet I have just created to where it is needed.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment