Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Ship Battle Skeletons

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 12:30:20 AM
It seems to me that, though not frequently enough, systems where battles have already taken place contain the skeletons of previously destroyed ships. However, during a battle, destroyed ships are completely disintegrated, leaving some pretty explosions but otherwise empty space. I think it would be more realistic if the ships, once they received critical damage, broke into parts and left drifting rubbish. The destruction of ships could therefore be made even more dramatic with hull collapses and escape pods similar to modern boats and submarines.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 12:31:57 AM
That.Would.Be.AWESOME! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 5:01:27 AM
I support this to 100%. I also thought it looked a bit out of place with a massive ship going *poof* and leaving nothing behind.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 5:14:06 AM
Would be awesome, just a lot of work. Maybe into the "once the essentials are made" -category?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 5:22:12 AM
Yea that would be a complex task for progamming that visually. If they have the time to polish it off like that then the more power too them otherwise I think the game is on a pretty awesome path.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 5:30:26 AM
It would be cool but I am with the people who say it should come after the basics are done.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 2:52:47 AM
If the battles are going to be on-rails eye candy, add a lot of detail to them, such as wrecks, gun ports, visual damage, etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 5:37:47 PM
Social-Pariah wrote:
If the battles are going to be on-rails eye candy, add a lot of detail to them, such as wrecks, gun ports, visual damage, etc.

Yeah I totally agree with that and additional it would be awesome if the other ships starting evasive maneuvers to avoid collisions with the wrecks smiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 10:12:46 AM
I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the current ship destruction, its purely aesthetic I know...but I've seen big ships 'sinking' just before exploding which seems strange in space. I know it would involve alot of effort for something that is just aesthetic but I think it would be really cool if we saw ships breaking up (I'm thinking kind of like that final battle in the movie Serenity), maybe minor damage for ships being hit by debris from exploding allied ships? the escape pods idea is really cool as well esp if you have a hero who has just had their ass handed to them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 11:25:32 AM
Ibralosch wrote:
Yeah I totally agree with that and additional it would be awesome if the other ships starting evasive maneuvers to avoid collisions with the wrecks smiley: cool

Yes, we shall clog their guns with wave after wave of our own men!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 2:42:39 PM
druss wrote:
(...) I've seen big ships 'sinking' just before exploding which seems strange in space.

Partialy disabled engines, some random explosions, momentum given from firefight, killed or escaping crew members leaving navigation post - when you sum that up ship going off the course before explosion doesn't look that odd.

Also - great idea, but Oliolli is right - after essentials.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment