Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Regularly change hero-reserve

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 10:42:59 PM
One of the thing that annoyed me about the heroes is that there seems to be no choice involved.

You start out with 3 heroes and a 3 hero cap - guess how many of them you are gonna hire?

I think that there should be more heroes to choose from at the beggining.

It might also be more fun if we have a reason to switch heroes from time to time - currently even once new heroes enter the academy theres no reason to hire them - that would usualy mean giving up on a leveled up hero.

Perhaps this could be resolved by making heroes that arrive later-game to have better base stats/better feats. They will be much weaker from your leveled up heroes at the beggining of course, but they could eventualy grow more powerful then them, giving you a choice between long-term to short-term bonuses.

Edit: The game design archive is the wrong forum for posts.

Since this has already been proposed as a measure to increase complexity of hero mechanics, I moved this thread to the proposal archives and linked your thread here: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11798-more-complex-hero-mechanics
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 10:48:42 PM
#BetaProblems bro.

But have you considerd not hireing all three heros and instead using the extra money to rush buy?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 10:55:37 PM
Rush buying is way too expensive to be able to compete with heroes. Really I have to say rush buying is way too expensive period. You'll get far more productivity for your Dust with a hero, though.

What really takes the fun out of hero buying for me is how random it is; I'd really appreciate the ability to at least somewhat guide what hero classes you attract. I'm playing the Sophons, I want Administrators dang it! Pilots and Commanders are all well and good, and I can use them, but they're definitely not my first preference for a hero.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 9:14:18 PM
Yeah the hero system needs some tweaking. However I think this doesn't belong into the design archive subforum, but rather in the design proposal archive as there is already a thread for this around.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment