Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] Mission Modes ? Naming Planets ?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 12:05:20 PM
Suggestion List

Naming Planets +

Think it would be pretty cool to have slightly more varied planets, like ones with bio luminescence, more colours / tectonic formations ect...

(probably hard to implement but here we go)

A mission mode (toggleable), where it adds new kinds of events per say, take planet A or destroy Planet B within x amount of turns for x amount of dust, maybe story related missions in finding out what happened to the advanced civilizations that preceded them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 12:41:42 PM
I guess a way to implement the missions would say have a council appointing missions for you which if you do not achieve them you'll be kicked out of office or somthing along those lines.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 12:48:42 PM
Sort of like the system in Rome: Total War, then? If you play as one of the Roman faction, the Senate gives you missions from time to time, with rewards ranging from units to money. And the missions would be things like "take this settlement" and...um...I know there were more, but that's all I can remember.

But if you failed them, you weren't punished, or anything, at least not in any major way. Your happiness rating took a hit if it happened enough, I think, and the chances of your general getting offices and the bonuses related to them diminished. So I wouldn't mind seeing a system like this, but if the devs don't feel like it, that's fine too.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 1:42:22 PM
Yeah I think bonuses only would be good, because I have enough problems with system happiness, a council would be a good idea, but I agree Stringon it might take too much time for them, its just a suggestion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 2:17:23 PM
MrNewell122 wrote:
Naming Planets

You can already name systems by clicking on the name when in system view... do you really want to name each individual planet as well.....?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 7:32:52 PM
I thought of naming planets as well but then when you play more you realize you could end up having to name 120 planets + moons. But I supposed getting to name a moon Endor would be amusing to someone...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 12:27:58 AM
Naming planets would be cool. Also a huge fan of the mission idea, would give the game a lot more depth and personality, especially if there was a way to make some missions mandatory or at least give big disadvantages to not doing them. So if i'm at war with a faction, my military council could advise me to take out a key enemy resource system for example.

Something even cooler would be an objective based game, where you get given a number of unique objectives (that fit within your chosen race to a degree). The first civ to complete all their objectives wins. You could even have some be public knowledge and others be private. I'm stealing most of these ideas from a board game called twilight imperium, basically the closest to a 4x board game i've ever played.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 12:52:54 AM
n18991c wrote:
You can already name systems by clicking on the name when in system view... do you really want to name each individual planet as well.....?

Yes. Yes I do.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 4:52:11 AM
n18991c wrote:

I don't see any reason why not. Clearly, there are at least a few people would find value in it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 9:08:15 PM
I suggested this before. Maybe one day I want to play the UE and rename the home system Sol, and when I am able, terraform and rename the planets available to represent the planets I can. Its called RPing and helps a ton with personal replay value.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 7:57:59 AM
i can do without rome style missions, i hate everyone one of those damn senators and theirs damned missions. but i would like a storyline mode for each faction. like for craver, your story mode... consumer the galaxy. for pilgrims, defeat the ue. something along those lines.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment