Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] In Game Chat Commands

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 5:40:58 AM
Not sure if anyone has brought this up and I'll be greatly surprised if it hasn't. Whispering in the in-game chat to other players when wheeling and dealing in multiplayer. Because nothing is more embarassing than thinking that, "Oh hey, its rudimentary dear Watson, /msg or /w should work. Its a chat after all." And having all of your plans for backstabbing cloak and dagger appear for everyone to see and then have to deal with the fallout. Not trying to be rude or anything, but a list of chat commands and actual chat commands would be great for in-game multiplayer, I don't want to have to add thousands of people to Steam friends list just to talk about the serious expansion of another player and what should be done about it...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 8:21:21 AM
its a very simple solution. youll just have to get everyones cell number and text them your backstabbing plans lol.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 8:29:42 AM
Moved to the proposals section.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 10:44:27 AM
Advent_Solas wrote:
its a very simple solution. youll just have to get everyones cell number and text them your backstabbing plans lol.

As great as that would be... my cell phone is crap.

For the success of the planned Diplomacy system in multiplayer one needs a way to wheel, deal, and talk with other players without the intended targets ever knowing it was happening. I like how some things work now when a deal is made be it peace, war, alliance, or otherwise as there are no global pop-ups that accompany it making everyone have to wonder what is actually going on behind the scene. They can check that easily by going to the Diplomacy tab though, so it bears to give an example of what I mean.

Say an alliance between 4 players, in an 8 player game, is falling to pieces. Someone isn't pulling their weight or is expanding too far or wants the strategic resources etc etc, so the effected parties go to a different source. They would need a way to communicate and plan within the game, specially if they aren't friends on Steam, on the go so that plans can be made and intrigue can occur. A whisper/private message chat system would be needed.

Commands such as /w or /msg would be amazing for this. Maybe later on have specific Alliance based things so that only members of said alliance can see the chat: /alliance would probably work.

Other games like this, such as Sins and Civilization, have specific settings for speaking privately with other players. It would be amazing to have something of the like in ES.

Food for thought.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment