Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Auto Toggle for Ind to Dust/sci conversion and Enhanced Queuing

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 4:16:02 AM
This is pretty simple and relates directly to the ergonomics of the game:

1.)

Give the star system viewer a toggle switch that automatically puts ind to dust or sci conversion into the build list.

If you place something else into the list, the conversion will automatically be removed and then readded once the production has finished on the items you put in place.

2.)

It is very grating to add/remove things from the Build list especially if you mass produce on many systems.

- The build list needs a "remove all" button.

- If the player holds shift while adding something to the queue that can have mutiple copies (ie ships) 5 will be added to the queue instead of only one. If left control is held, it will be 25 instead.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 6:23:33 AM
I would say that the integration of a remove all button would be good. As for the toggle switch, that's just a little lazy to want that, I mean, do you want someone to play the game for you too?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 8:41:16 AM
SteveTheWild wrote:
I would say that the integration of a remove all button would be good. As for the toggle switch, that's just a little lazy to want that, I mean, do you want someone to play the game for you too?

No. I want to make meaningful decisions. not click around doing something the game should do for me automatically.

Clicking the conversions in and out of the build queue is not meaningful.

Its busy work. I do not understand where people get the idea that "having to click more" makes for a better game.

I say again: this is about ergonomics. The less clicks the better it is as far as menial tasks go.

Removing and later re-adding converisons IS a menial task.

Less clicking is good, especialy if its the same freaking button.

Get that into your heads.

Oh and btw: if you set things to ai governors the game already does play itself so your argument is not only a testament to bad game design but also INVALID.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 12:11:51 PM
Sounds good.

In fact, rather than having an empty build-queue at all, the ind->dust should kick in automatically, as a status quo for idle colonies. The toggle would then only serve to change that to ind-> sci.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 12:31:01 PM
LordReynolds wrote:
This is pretty simple and relates directly to the ergonomics of the game:

1.)

Give the star system viewer a toggle switch that automatically puts ind to dust or sci conversion into the build list.

If you place something else into the list, the conversion will automatically be removed and then readded once the production has finished on the items you put in place.

2.)

It is very grating to add/remove things from the Build list especially if you mass produce on many systems.

- The build list needs a "remove all" button.

- If the player holds shift while adding something to the queue that can have mutiple copies (ie ships) 5 will be added to the queue instead of only one. If left control is held, it will be 25 instead.

This has been suggested a number of times and listed on the summary list for Dev Team to consider
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment