Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Objective Game

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 12:40:31 AM
Basically an option before the game could be to disable normal victory conditions and enable objectives. Each race would be given a number of objectives to meet at the start of the game and the first race to complete them all wins. They would be at least semi-race specific, so the amoeba wouldn't get the conquer x number of homeworlds objective.

Example objectives could be:

Conquer x number of homeworlds depending on number of races in the game

Terraform a certain number of worlds to tier 1 (thinking of this as a sower specific one, or at least a higher chance of them getting it)

Obtain a monopoly on x number of resources.

Ally with a certain number of races (obviously the number decreases as races are wiped out to ensure this never becomes impossible to achieve.

Research a % of the techs

control a % of the galaxy.

destroy a race.

Control the most powerful military in the galaxy (one you could achieve only to lose again later)

these are just a few examples but i'm sure there are many more cool ideas. So you get given say 4 of these at the start of the game and first to grab all of his/her objectives wins. You could even have 3 of them be public and one be secret. That way you could actively thwart your opponent in some of their objectives, whilst persuing your own secret agenda (and trying to figure out your opponents secret objective).

This is all inspired by a board game called twilight imperium, what do you think?

Another idea which would work with or without the above is smaller missions from your governmental advisors, which give you bonuses if completed within a certain time limit, and a malus if not. Things like your science advisor reccommends research into warp drive, your military advisor reccomends you take a key system from your enemy etc
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 8:14:05 PM
thanks smiley: smile

I'd just like a little more depth and personality in the universe, rather than the standard kill everyone to win, obtain silly level tech to win etc. It would also give people more reason to role play in multiplayer, rather than bring the galaxy to its knee's with the sophons or gaining a tech victory as the cravers.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 9:30:53 PM
+1

Sounds a lot like the secret objectives in the board game Twilight Imperium.

The secret objectives are the best because they're generally harder and everybody is trying to figure out what the objectives of their opponents are.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 2:12:32 PM
Xerces: reread my post, I said I basically stole the idea from twilight imperium lol. Good to know I'm not alone in my love of that game. It's also similar to what they've done in Distant Worlds: legends (though I havent played it because it's so expensive).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 2:47:53 PM
I like it, it would go great with this addition. Also if they included a senate like thing (like from Rome Total War). Then you could have 3 game modes:

Classic: Much similar to Civ ways of winning a game.

Random: Where you are given a number of random mission cards.

Story driven: Where a senate, imposes you to achieve certain goals (prob. best for single player).
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment