Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Allow user to specify less background or no background

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 11:25:31 PM
Great game! Love it in alpha and now in its beta. However, I find that the BACKGROUND makes it more difficult to find the real stars in the game (the true points of interest for the user). Most SF galaxy conquest games make this mistake of adding in a "spacey" background, making it hard to find the actual selectable stars. Sword of the Stars UI is horrible because of this (althought SotS2 has made some improvements).

Can we please have an option to lower background intensity or just have a black background (no background stars)? Please? I hate wasting time clicking on background noise when I'm trying to learn a new game's stars geography.

Fantastic game overall. Thanks for making it and keep up the good work!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 2:16:13 AM
I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be implemented. Personally I don't mind the background, but if it causes issues i'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to allow it to be turned off!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 9:27:13 AM
Dimming options for the background (from normal to barely visible) would be a good addition for people of poorer eyesight.

My mother can never tell what the hell im doing on this computer, so i would leave it bright! smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 5:39:06 PM
Suggested something along these lines a few weeks back, probably one of the most annoying things I noticed when I started playing, would love to see this change.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment