Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Lore sytem start for factions, lore map (race dependent planet stats)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 1:36:11 PM
It would be very nice to have an option to give each faction a static star system at game start.

The systems would have the following

1) lore appropriate name for the faction

2) planets that support each factions particular planet type strangth

3) number and pop of planets would be balanced across factions

4) balanced resources, either everyone gets titanium or no one does, or its random

5) balanced planetary attributes, if everyone has a planet with one neg attribute UE would have 2 to not negate their starting mineral poor.

5) A hero already in place as govenor, your initial "leader"

It would also be nice to have an entire static map that reflected the "loreverse" of ES, with appropriatly named stars and placement of factions/proximity to one another dictated by the lore. With an option to have systems randomized
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 1:43:47 PM
I like this idea. I really like this idea.

And, hopefully along with it, they'd limit the initial Heroes you have available to hire at the start to ones from your faction.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 1:32:17 PM
Yeah I could see that maybe with a lore start you get a fleet commander as well.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 1:34:58 PM
I fully agree. I was just thinking this in my game the other day and about how the systems should match the factions but even more so it would allow the devs to balance out the starting systems so some factions don't get a massive advantage when the game starts by having a much better system.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 2:01:55 PM
I think it would also give them a nice narrative starting point, a leader with a backstory, home planet name/system name, star type, etc, could all help in writing narratives for the factions.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment