Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Information popup Main Screan/Fleets/Enemies

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 14, 2012, 1:15:11 AM
After looking thru nearly all the postings. and not seeing this posted any other place. (Maybe im blind and missed it, so dont grill me over open flames for posting this )

When you have fleets orbiting your system ( other systems ) several things happen.

Scan ships in system, identify ships/classes, check IFF, friendly, unknown, or at war with. ( im summarizing so hush :P )

The bottom is based on what info i should get when looking ata fleet and options i should have.

1. Not have your ships/fleets auto blockade your/there system. If im gonna be hostile to the other race i should have the option to setup a blockade. and therefore bring up blockade effectiveness aka smuggling ans such ( maybe clandestine missions when they start ) example Hi new race how are you, erm why are your ships blockading my system thats not very friendly, please stop or i will have to go pew pew on your ships.

2. Enemy ship/fleet info, yea i can see they have 5 ships, but i can not tell what type of ships they are. Ships ussualy carry radar and can get a good idea of what the enemy ussualy is.

3. Choose to fight or retreat before battle starts ( if they have higher engine rating then your ability to retreat/escape lowers alot )

Each time i look at the enemy fleets i wonder if i should attack it or not, for all i know they might have 1 dreadnought or 1 scout, current system means i have to guess and hope i just didnt kill my ships.

Invading systems...

Taking over a system when a system is taken over by me or the AI aka invade. ussualy that's a act of war. I took 3 systems from AI, when i took the 4th they declared war on me, ( A tad late, i would have declared when they started the invasion ) Also a message saying that this system is being invaded.Invaded systems give you rewards ( looted new tech, money, maybe make option when invasion ends. looting gives you bonus chance of finding something usefull, bad side is the happyness of the population lowers alot no one likes being plundered, or choose not to loot, happyness of population still goes down ( you just invaded them of course ) but it would not be as bad if you looted the planet/s

Thats my 2 cents on that. hope i posted this in rite area smiley: lol.png" alt="smiley: smiley: lol" title="smiley: lol" />
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 14, 2012, 8:47:24 AM
First: Wrong place /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11125-no-suggestions-in-the-design-discussion it should have gone to the game design proposals.

Second: We don't accept lists of different suggestions any more. Be sure to keep to one topic in a suggestion-thread, please. See the proposal submission rules: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/13097-proposal-submission-rules

I don't believe, I've seen you 1st point so far, but your 2nd one is almost similar to this: /#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13749-suggestion-show-fleet-setup-1-1-in-galaxy-screen-not-as-an-icon and for the 3rd one: There is a "retreat"-card to be included. Do you propose to remove the card and give one a retreat-option, insted?

Either way, you could open up a separate thread for 1 and 3.

Moved to the Archives.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment