Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Beam Weapons art change

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 15, 2012, 1:32:30 AM
I would like to propose a different way of representing beam weapons in the game. At the moment, they are very 'star wars laser-esq': they are colorful, slow moving, and most importantly, just look like a more colorful (and longer) variation of the kinetic weapons that we can use.

I think that it would be very nice to see the beam weapons be actual beams. For instance, when the beam shoots, there is a solid laser line from the gun/cannon/array to the target ship. The beam would only have to last for a second or less. Just like any other weapon, the beam could simply miss the target and shoot off into space, hit the target and glance off the shields at an angle, or hit the ship and cause some sort of damage effect.

I think that kinetics and missiles are great looking in their artistic rendition. I just feel that the beam weapons could walk a little farther from the kinetic-type visual and give them their own.

Thoughts?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 15, 2012, 6:56:51 PM
This has been discussed in other threads. I agree with you completely.

The beam weapon effects will look far better if it was something like this:

0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 16, 2012, 4:13:07 AM
Alas, it appears this is completely off the table for the devs, if the new suggestion thread is to be believed.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 16, 2012, 5:17:21 AM
I think it strange that kinetic projectiles hit before beam weapons do. Wait, what, bullets that are faster than light?
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment