Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Add alternate star system view

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 16, 2012, 6:40:46 AM
Currently, the only way to view planets is in a neat row. While i completely understand the design principle behind it, it does somewhat break immersion in a very strange way for me, and i'd bet a few other people aswell.

Would it be possible to add an option to switch between an "Administrative View" (the current star system design) and a "Physical View" - A view of how the planets are arranged and orbiting a star? The same information could be displayed, albeit possibly in a smaller font.

Something similar to this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_H-JNu2WhCxk/SCkCZmN3nCI/AAAAAAAAAEc/_vmjJ8Ps_VE/s400/moo.png (though not in a seperate window of course, simply have the view switch between administrative and physical). And as said before, if possible (which i think it is), add the population/description info around planets just like in administrative view, just in a smaller font to keep it readable.

It may not surprise people why i wanted to suggest this. I'm sorry if it's been suggested before!

I realize that this is a purely aesthetic thing and if it will even be considered, it will be very low priority. That's fine! I simply wanted to get this out there. The game ticks so many boxes for me, i just wanted to see if it can't come a little closer to being perfect.

I will update the thread soon(tm) with a horribly photoshopped mockup of what exactly i mean smiley: smile

Edit1: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12243-type-of-planet-depending-on-the-orbit-and-star-type for a complementing suggestion.

Edit2: Found a similar suggestion earlier, and in the list of suggestions an alternate system view may never be implemented, though i'm not sure whether it's this exact implementation that was meant.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment