Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] System Development Organization

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 6:23:59 PM
One thing that I have found that has been a minor annoyance through all of my play-throughs is how system development improvements are organized. All the the system developments are disorganized and jumbled up randomly, or how they were researched, instead of by color (type of system upgrade). Here is an example:

Orange, Yellow, Yellow, Blue, Blue, Yellow, Yellow, Yellow, Yellow, Pink, Green, Green, Green, Red, Red, Green

All of the system upgrades are poorly organized (Aside from tier-related improvements). If I want, say, a dust-related upgrade, but not sure which one, I have to dig my way through all of the other upgrades (I.E. food, industry, etc.) to find the one I want. What I propose is that improvements are organized by their color (upgrade type) contiguously so that they are far easier to find. Food kept together, Industry kept together, Dust kept together, Happiness kept together, and Research kept together. Then each of those categories could be organized by when each improvement was researched and how certain upgrade tiers relate, as it is now. There could also be the possibility to filter out improvement types, to ensure you only see the improvements you want. Maybe a few small check boxes on the left of the system development box? Check the FOOD box to filter everything out except foot improvements. Check the DUST box to filter everything out except dust. ETC.

I know it does seem like a big deal, because it isn't, but it would be nice to speed up the process of choosing improvements on 50+ planets, even if it is only by a few seconds on each planet. It would also just make the entire System Development window more organized and cleaner.

EDIT: The image is not the best example because it does not show all of the system improvements available.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 6:41:16 PM
Hi Frozen,

the Upgrades are already grouped by their respective area of improvement in the left hand window (look at the color of the upper right corner) and the right hand window list them in their build order.

Take care, Buecherwyrm
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 7:49:06 PM
Buecherwyrm wrote:
Hi Frozen,

the Upgrades are already grouped by their respective area of improvement in the left hand window (look at the color of the upper right corner) and the right hand window list them in their build order.

Take care, Buecherwyrm

But the colors in the left window are not completely contiguous. The order in game goes (I'm still missing a handful of improvements on the tech tree):

green x5, orange x4, yellow x4, blue x3, yellow x 5, pink x3, green x3, red x6, white x1, green x1, rainbow x2, orange x1, blue x1, yellow x1.

Why are the groups split up like that? Why does it go from yellow to blue and then back to yellow? It would be a lot cleaner if it was all contiguous:

green x9, orange x5, yellow x10, blue x4, red x6, pink x 3, white x1
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 9:12:35 PM
Hi Frozen,

some of the colors are used twice - i.e. green is used for Food and for Population+ IIRC. The last blue and yellow improvements are the Dust to Ind/Sci, and they are at the end to be easily found and not to be confused with the rest.

So there is some reason to this ^^

Take care, Buecherwyrm
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 13, 2012, 9:39:42 AM
And the yellow trade-improvements aren't mixed with the yellow +dust/pop-improvements.

If I remember correctly, it's something like:

TheFrozenOne wrote:
green x5, orange x4, yellow x4, blue x3, yellow x 5, pink x3, green x3, red x6, white x1, green x1, rainbow x2, orange x1, blue x1, yellow x1.

Food, industry, trade, science, dust, happiness, population, military, sight range, control radius, FIDS, maybe adaptive industrial systems? (then Food->Industry), ind->science, ind->dust
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment