[Suggestion] Excess production Dust/Sci slider

The UI should be changed in this way
The UI should be changed, but not in this way
The UI is fine as it is
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 18, 2012, 10:55:13 PM
I think it'd be neat if we did away with the Ind-Dust and Ind-Sci tasks and just automatically planets that aren't making anything turn their production into Dust or Science as if they'd been told to. In addition, if it doesn't really matter which planet Dust or Science is being produced from (and it might, I'm not sure how the multipliers from tax rate and such actually work), it'd be neat if we could just set a ratio of Ind-Dust to Ind-Sci from the Empire Management screen. We can already do this by micro-managing which fraction of our systems are producing Dust or Science, but I'd like to be able to do it with a single click on a slider, possibly under the existing Tax Rate slider.

Finally, if we were being exceptionally user-friendly, we could have a check box next to that slider to automatically set the ratio to whatever was required to balance the books if we wanted to get as much Science as possible without having negative Dust production. Everyone who's been taking advantage of the Sophon's 0% tax rate bonus knows why that'd be a good thing to be able to do. Again, I'm pretty sure none of this changes the rules on how planets produce FIDS or gives the player options that they didn't have before, it's just a different, easier way to present the existing options to the player.

What do you think?
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment