Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] No expansion unhappiness for cravers

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 21, 2012, 2:44:11 AM
Hi all. Fairly new to the game, and I like it so far, but I have a few issues with the Cravers. Why are they affected by expansion unhappiness? It makes absolutely no sense for the type of society they are. They should get happiness bonuses for rapid expansion and warfare, but at the very least not be affected by unhappiness because of it. Also, I wonder if it would be possible to introduce a mechanic for them to totally abandon a world? Have them able to pick up their population in hive ships and move on to the next. Another suggestion for them is to have them downgrade a worlds's type as they strip it, ie: Go from Terran/Jungle/Ocean to Arid, then Desert, then Barren, then Asteroid. Have the Tundra/Arctic go to Barren, then Asteroid, and Lava go to Asteroid.

That's my two cents worth. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 21, 2012, 6:21:35 PM
First of all I want to say that you should read the posting rules, try to only have one suggestion per thread and try not to repost suggestions which have already been made. It is some work to look if the suggestion has been made it saves the devs and mods A LOT of time, you can find a list of suggestions and partially decisions on what will be done with them here: Community Suggestions Amplitude is following

I'll update you on the suggestions you have made so you know what's going on with them.

CanBatMan wrote:
Hi all. Fairly new to the game, and I like it so far, but I have a few issues with the Cravers. Why are they affected by expansion unhappiness? It makes absolutely no sense for the type of society they are. They should get happiness bonuses for rapid expansion and warfare, but at the very least not be affected by unhappiness because of it.

I agree, and there are a number of issues with the expansion systems, it will definitely be tweaked by the devs in the future, I think we should see what the come up with. They might even consider something like this already but I'm not sure.

CanBatMan wrote:
Also, I wonder if it would be possible to introduce a mechanic for them to totally abandon a world? Have them able to pick up their population in hive ships and move on to the next.

This has been suggested already and is planned for post release.

CanBatMan wrote:
Another suggestion for them is to have them downgrade a worlds's type as they strip it, ie: Go from Terran/Jungle/Ocean to Arid, then Desert, then Barren, then Asteroid. Have the Tundra/Arctic go to Barren, then Asteroid, and Lava go to Asteroid.

That's my two cents worth. smiley: smile

This has been suggested several times, as far as I can tell the devs won't add this due to simple gameplay issues, they could just be terraformed back.

Hope this helps you as well as maybe the mods when they look at this thread.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 22, 2012, 5:44:24 PM
I'll quote the proposal submission rules:

Nosferatiel wrote:
Proposal-section posting rules

[LIST=1]
  • Proposals start off as Suggestion. Please name your thread "Suggestion Topic". Topics with nonsense-titles will be moved to the archives without being linked.

• If you post a proposal, post only one suggestion topic per thread. Mixtures of different topics like: "I want icecream for the amoeba and like my ships toasted with real beams, not pesky pew pew lasershots!", will be exiled into the archives without being linked anywhere, being tagged as Composite suggestion
  • Proposals that are found to be only a slight variant or even a duplicate of an older proposal, will be moved to the archives. They will be linked by a moderator-post inside the original proposal. Please refrain from willingly proposing duplicates. Spam of duplicates will be considered as an infraction and result in a warning by a moderator.
  • If proposals are recognized as originals by a mod or jetkar, they will be listed in the Summary of Suggestions and Ideas and get their title edited from Suggestion to Listed. To apply for a listing, you can hasten the process by making a post with a link to your thread and a summary of your proposal here.
  • Once proposals are recognized by the developers, they'll be tracked in this list and the devs will normally comment on the idea, when and if it will be implemented. The original thread will get a new title, from Listed to Tracked.
  • The final achievable status is, if an idea gets implemented into the game. The thread will then get the prefix Implemented.

• [/LIST]

Changing the craver affinity from locust points to downterraforming planets and deleting their expansion happiness are too different to count as one suggestion (population transport aside smiley: wink )

KNC nicely told you which two out of the three suggestions were alread proposed. You may suggest the third again in a single thread dedicated to that topic.

Moved to the archives as a composite suggestion.
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment