Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Better Space Battles

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 17, 2012, 9:52:37 AM
I don't like space battles at all. Now it's like watch cinematics. In my opinion that's awful. There is no tactics or attack plans. Could it be possible to control the ships in order to use your own tactics. For example a pinch or an attack from behind...

Thanks for reading and greetings from Spain.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 17, 2012, 12:45:28 PM
SPA_Blackfire wrote:
There is no tactics or attack plans. Could it be possible to control the ships in order to use your own tactics. For example a pinch or an attack from behind...

I'm not really sure what you suggest. Anything but the combat now would be similar to /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11888-revamp-of-ship-combat and things like navigation phases have also been suggested.

Could you perhaps try to formulate more clearly your idea?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 18, 2012, 12:17:43 AM
nuclearbomb99 wrote:
I think he's asking if he could control his own ships, similar to an RTS battle.

That's what it sounds like. However, the devs have already thought about the battle suggestion ideas, and decided against revamping the battle system. How it is now is how it will be in the final game, just with possible tweak with the cards.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 18, 2012, 12:23:06 AM
i don't have a problem with the card system, it's pretty unique. I've never seen it before, but i just wish there was more excitement and whatnot in the battle.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 18, 2012, 9:35:13 AM
Well, I'll give him two more days to tell us what this thread is all about...
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment