Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Amoeba Affinity nerf

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 22, 2012, 9:09:38 PM
So, the Amoeba. I personally quite like the design of their ships and their various perks, but their affinity completely ruins the game for me-and other people, from what I've seen. One of the four core elements of a 4X game is "explore", isn't it? So why can I see my enemies and everything else in the goddamned galaxy from the get-go? What's the lore justification for it?

My suggestion would be lowering the effectiveness of the affinity to something more... well, balanced. Maybe increased sight range and a passive "infection" ability, where being in the same system as another faction's ship gives you limited sight around their ship for a few turns, like you're spreading spores onto their ship. Or maybe revamp the affinity completely, primarily focused around expansion. Such that you have faster population growth and higher population caps, while their colony ships carry more population when they're expanding, or they can colonize two or three planets before being consumed.

Thoughts, ideas, insults/compliments calling me a pathetic shitstain excuse for a human being on par with the amoeba I like/the most brilliant person to ever exist, are all welcome here.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment