Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Craver planet stripping

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 24, 2012, 4:33:23 PM
After having being suitably (and politely) chastised for not following proper posting procedures (Yes, I'm a newb here smiley: wink), I am hearby reposting this suggestion as a single topic, having been told by the moderator that I could do so. smiley: biggrin

A suggestion for the Cravers is to have them downgrade a worlds's type as they strip it, ie: Go from Terran/Jungle/Ocean to Arid, then Desert, then Barren, then Asteroid. Have the Tundra/Arctic go to Barren, then Asteroid, and Lava go to Asteroid.

Now when I originally posted this, that was it. It was pointed out that the worlds could just be terraformed back. True, but from what I understand, the locust points are persistent, so yes, you could transform a world they ruined back into a tropical paradise, but it would be a paradise without any useful resources. And if a world was stripped to the point of being broken up (ie: Asteroid status), there is no terraforming back from that.

To sum up, I love the idea of the Cravers as a race that consumes everything, and I think this would give them even more flavor. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 24, 2012, 5:25:59 PM
Don't wanna be rude but you got the wrong point of the 3, this has been suggested several times already. The suggestion made which wasn't made before was about tweaking the expansion disapproval system, if you want I can flesh up the idea a little and post it as a thread referencing to your initial idea.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 24, 2012, 9:10:08 PM
KNC wrote:
Don't wanna be rude but you got the wrong point of the 3, this has been suggested several times already. The suggestion which made which weren't made before was about tweaking the expansion disapproval system, if you want I can flesh up the idea a little and post it as a thread referencing to your initial idea.

Couldn't have said it better. Your unique idea was the one about no craver expansion disapproval and that's the one I tried to encourage you to post. smiley: wink

Anyways: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12143-suggestion-extra-effects-of-craver-locusts is the original. This thread has been linked to the former and is moved to the archives.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment