Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Approval / Disapproval dependant on planet population

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 25, 2012, 12:04:49 AM
As title suggest.

Think of this esample: You have your home system with your home planet and 8 population on it plus let's say a Tundra planet with 6 pops. Approval is on happy, let's say 60%. In your system there's that wonderful asteroid belt you want to colonize. You do it and BOOM your approval rating in the system drop down to 40%. So basically, a bunch of angry colonist you have moved to an asteroid belt are able to destabilize with their anger an entire system populated by billions.

That makes no sense to me. If 90% of my population is happy why that 10% wich is not happy have to influence the overall happiness by the same amount? They must have some very strong opinion-leaders that are able to move the conscience of the other 90% and draw them to unhappines smiley: biggrin

It's like you make a colony on Mars and the 1000 people living there are unhappy because the planet is arid and their unhappines is sooooo strong that the 9 billions Terrans down on Earth start rioting smiley: sarcastic

A 8 population living on a planet with no malus or a bonus should influence your overall approval in the system more than that 2 population living on an asteroid field. Same for the contrary.

I think that planetary approval bonuses or malues should scale with that particular planet population.

I'm not good in math so i'll let you think of an adequate equation to represent the proportion.

To compesate (I immagine approval rating would suffer a boost) you can make the overpopulation disapproval have an higher impact.

What do you think people?
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment