Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Retreat option on combat dialog

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 24, 2012, 7:00:41 PM
Currently I can select AUTO or MANUAL. Could you include a retreat option so I can avoid entering combat just to make my scout flee? smiley: smile

EDIT: I realize there are battle cards for retreat. Let me auto-select one as my first action without having to enter pointless manual combat.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 24, 2012, 9:15:08 PM
In manual combat, a retreat option card is implemented/will be implemented.

The enemy get's one free round of shooting at you, but if your scout withstands that long, it can flee. I believe there was already the discussion, that anything else would end up in massive abuse of scouts taking up the one attack option per fleet per turn, then fleeing, so that other fleets could pass by, unharmed.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 25, 2012, 12:16:24 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
In manual combat, a retreat option card is implemented/will be implemented.

The enemy get's one free round of shooting at you, but if your scout withstands that long, it can flee. I believe there was already the discussion, that anything else would end up in massive abuse of scouts taking up the one attack option per fleet per turn, then fleeing, so that other fleets could pass by, unharmed.

The retreat card is already in the game, in fact there are two of them. I agree with MortMan, we should be able to select "retreat" before we enter the battle, to save time. I would also like to see what the chance of having your fleet destroyed if you play the retreat card is. Put it on the card.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 25, 2012, 12:37:07 PM
Gort wrote:
The retreat card is already in the game, in fact there are two of them. I agree with MortMan, we should be able to select "retreat" before we enter the battle, to save time. I would also like to see what the chance of having your fleet destroyed if you play the retreat card is. Put it on the card.

Like Nosferatiel said, though, that open the door for people to use auto-retreat to use up another player's ability to attack with their fleet. They go in with a scout, auto-retreat, then just pile in other fleets or fly through the system, whatever their plan is. At least this way the person trying to use that tactic has to go into a manual battle and sit through that cinematic.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 25, 2012, 12:53:15 PM
MortMan wrote:
EDIT: I realize there are battle cards for retreat. Let me auto-select one as my first action without having to enter pointless manual combat.

Then this suggestion is similar to /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12547-combat-fast-forward ,especially the linked /#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13340-suggestion-after-cards-are-selected-skip-combat .

This thread has been linked to the former and is moved to the archives.

Gort wrote:
I would also like to see what the chance of having your fleet destroyed if you play the retreat card is. Put it on the card.

I'm not sure how that works, since that should depend on the first card the AI is choosing, your fleets defense and their weaponry. smiley: confused

FinalStrigon wrote:
Like Nosferatiel said, though, that open the door for people to use auto-retreat to use up another player's ability to attack with their fleet. They go in with a scout, auto-retreat, then just pile in other fleets or fly through the system, whatever their plan is. At least this way the person trying to use that tactic has to go into a manual battle and sit through that cinematic.

If it's just auto-resolve after choosing cards, it is not as bad, but still a possible exploit of the retreat mechanics.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment