Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Semi-Automatic Battle Resolution

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 25, 2012, 6:07:11 PM
Currently there are two options for battle resolution. Manual: you play 3 "cards" and view the battle. Auto: The battle is calculated and results are shown.

I would propose the existence of a niche for an in-between mode in which you play 3 "cards" but do not view the battle. This would be valuable in the narrow but frequently arising situation that the battle is uninteresting, but playing the right cards at the right time makes a significant difference.

The most particular example of this is for a retreat, where you wish to withdraw from a hopeless battle (scout vs fleet). It could also be relevant in a battle where victory is assured, but you want to use admiral cards or specific tricks to shift it from an easy win to a win with no damage (or similar).

Thank you for your consideration.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 25, 2012, 7:27:08 PM
I like this idea in that you can just take the current manual battle screen and at any time click a button to auto-resolve it *with* the currently played battle cards. AI of course would play their cards during the auto-resolve. This would help mid to end game when there are lots of battles, you want to play the right cards but you don't want to waste your time watching the same cinematic you've seen dozens of times.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 25, 2012, 9:44:48 PM
I had other players requesting this very feature when I was the only player at war and fighting 2-6 battles per turn.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 25, 2012, 9:55:06 PM
First: Please post suggestions in the proposal subsection.

Second: This has already been proposed. Explicitly in /#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13340-suggestion-after-cards-are-selected-skip-combat and implicitly in the origin of the skip combat mechanics suggestions: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12547-combat-fast-forward

This thread has been linked to the former and is moved to the archives.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment