Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Locked Starting Alliances

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 26, 2012, 4:15:51 PM
I'd like for my friends and I to be able to set teams up before starting. That way we can play 3v3 instead of 3v1v1v1.

There are diplomacy options in the research menu, including alliances, but we are sharing tech from the moment we can unlock it, and playing as a team from even before. That's hard for the AI to adjust to, unless you can set it ahead of time. This feature is the only one stopping me, the early adopter, to evangelize this game to all my friends. We like a good old fashioned bot-stomp.

In permanent locked team mode, I'd suggest the diplomacy research tree stay the same, but function mildly different. For example, able to trade technology allows auto trade technology. Unlocking alliances turns a 'team' into an alliance with shared vision and other benefits, etc. There also needs to be a team victory, if there isn't already.

Thanks for considering this very important feature (to me and all my friends anyway)!! Other than this, loved the game!

P.S. If this option is in the game already and we just couldn't figure out how to turn it on in the 'setup the game' menu, then change my suggestion to 'make it clear how to'!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 26, 2012, 4:18:03 PM
I agree, this would be fun for my craver-amoeba-sophon alliance!
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment