Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Tax Settings for systems

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 12:35:38 PM
Just a thought - in the empire management screen in addition to the overall tax rate it would be extremely helpful if you could set a tax rate per system and scaling the empire tax rate would automatically scale the individual system(s) tax rate. I think that would really help with micro-managing system happiness. smiley: approval
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 12:39:25 PM
I think they should nick the awesome Total War system and have a global empire wide tax rate with the ability to exempt systems entirely from taxation at will. This could really help economic management and production efficiency without weighing down the player with complex economic management.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 12:40:26 PM
I'm not sure about giving each system it's own tax slider, but the option to exempt a system from tax for a short while would be nice. Like the system in Total War, for example. You get a new area, or you have a poor area, that really isn't producing any kind of income, so exempt it from tax to give it time to build itself up and get the people there liking you more. But put a selection box on the empire management screen for whether or not to exempt a system.

Once they're steady, start taxing them. Giving it's system it's own bar, though, I think would be just a bit too much micro-management, especially in late-game when you might have to be adjusting sliders for quite a few systems.

EDIT: Ahh, DakkaDon beat me to it :P But yeah, I second his notion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 12:45:05 PM
That's a great idea. A simple "excempt from tax" tickbox, as per Total War would definitely be a great addition. This allows colonisation in remote and difficult places - provided that you can take the hit to your economy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 12:59:03 PM
EvilTactician wrote:
That's a great idea. A simple "excempt from tax" tickbox, as per Total War would definitely be a great addition. This allows colonisation in remote and difficult places - provided that you can take the hit to your economy.

Eh, a new and remote system probably isn't giving you enough Dust to really worry about, really. It would still be a good idea to keep an eye on things as you build enhancements, just to keep yourself out of the red, but in early- to mid-game I'm fine with an income of just a few Dust a turn. My United Empire almost always turns into a Dust powerhouse, somehow, so I know I'll be making it up in the long term.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment