Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

request: tactical combat

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 11:36:21 AM
Afther playing this very good game for a while I find that the only thing I really miss in this game is an optional tactical combats for exemple moo2 style or real time combat. If that is put in I would find this the perfect 4x game. Anyone else feel the same?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 11:39:47 AM
Conquer7 wrote:
Afther playing this very good game for a while I find that the only thing I really miss in this game is an optional tactical combats for exemple moo2 style or real time combat. If that is put in I would find this the perfect 4x game. Anyone else feel the same?

I like their compromise when it comes to space combat, I detest real time combat in "strategy" games. It takes something away from the whole "it is a strategy game"
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 1:58:59 PM
Conquer7 wrote:

Others have called for tactical combat. The devs have already stated, however, they have no intention of changing the combat system. Personally, I like it the way it is. It's a unique and simple system, and fun. It keeps the game on an even playing field for all players, where some people (like me, for instance) would never be able to play online in a game such as Sins of a Solar Empire, because the RTS people who've been playing forever would just steamroll over me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 2:07:14 PM
I enjoy the ES approach to combat but the current system, athough an excellent start, is rather monodimensional as it stands; it needs a bit more high level interactivity and/or decision making IMHO. (And yes, I have put my money where my mouth is: Fleet Doctrine)
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment