Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

let me name my upgraded ships instead of that numeric suffix.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 12:19:59 PM
Currently when you modify a ship it does not appear that you can name the new model. Can this be remedied? Some of us are a bit anal about ship names and I do want to preserve the ability to retrofit ships I really don't care for the suffix indicating how many times I did. I guess another question would be, why could I not retrofit any destroyer hull to another destroyer hull configuration?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 4:53:02 PM
Well your upgrading a existing class, so it become II and III.

But if you are suggesting that a class of ship should be able to upgrade to any type with its type of hull, it has been suggested but i do not support it due to balancing concerns.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 7:33:39 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Well your upgrading a existing class, so it become II and III.

But if you are suggesting that a class of ship should be able to upgrade to any type with its type of hull, it has been suggested but i do not support it due to balancing concerns.

I am mostly concerned with the name. I tend to incorporate the number of weapon type into the name if not a short abbrev of the weapon type. Still trying to determine why we cannot name them in the first place.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 7:46:54 PM
Shivetya wrote:
I am mostly concerned with the name. I tend to incorporate the number of weapon type into the name if not a short abbrev of the weapon type. Still trying to determine why we cannot name them in the first place.

This may be due to a coding problem, ships in a class line can be easy to code for upgrading, but different names would cause confusion between the upgraded ship and a new one.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment