Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

UI - Production to Science/Dust Slot

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 7:43:26 AM
Hello everyone. Me and my friends were recently playing a reasonably long game where we would have a lot of systems to manage with a turn timer. A minor annoyance was that each time we wanted to queue up something new, we would have to drag&drop this above our infinite production to science/dust item.

It then became apparent that the Production to Science/Dust may actually be better placed into some separate slot in the UI. You would have some button/drop down list where you would be able to select what you want your system to do when it is finished with producing everything in the queue, namely science or dust. This way you won't have to reorder you build queues everytime you want to produce something new in your systems. It may also improve user intuition, because production to science/dust is not a system improvement, but it is grouped together with them.

My initial idea of placement would be as follows:

Where the red squares could be replace by some sort of button. It is only an initial suggestion of implementation, so it can probably be improved in a way. But not having to reorder you build queues all game long would certainly help.

An alternative could be to place every new production item automatically above the production to science/dust item, so as to still allow users to place production to science or dust above their current build order without having to cancel it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 7:48:35 AM
I'm definitely inclined to agree. Having an automatic extra-industry dump would be very nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 12:33:39 PM
You don't have to re-order your build queues every time. When you want to build someone new, just click on the Ind-->Whatever Conversion to remove it from the queue. Then queue things as you normally would, adding the conversion back in at the end, or just waiting until you get the notification that everything in finished building and queue it in then.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment