Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Star System Bombardment Attack / Defense Combat Phases

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 11:42:00 PM
Just like the ship vs ship battles, when a fleet starts a siege on a star system there should be a fleet bombardment / star system defense combat mode. The attacking fleet would choose its different bombardment types (bombs, nukes, bio weps, gas, i.e. some "ethical" sanctioned weapons and others not so much, maybe using unethical weapon types would make all factions hate you or something). Then the star system combined strength (population, defense stuctures, nearby fleets etc) would defend against the bombardment in the attack/defend type of mode with the space camera. There could even be some new buildings like planet defense missiles/ satellites and I am sure tons of other cool ideas. I think you could use the current ship technology weapons and extend them to planet defense weapons or even have some new techs for planet defense (that we can visually see when fighting). You can even have fleets drops marine pods to star systems to weaken them and they can be successful chance/event or failure chance/event resulting in quicker or longer siege.

Right now I feel like when a fleet attacks an entire star system there is just a ring around it that counts down which is not as exciting or immersive as the fleet vs fleet battles. I know this is a big feature but maybe down the road it can be implemented! The fleet vs fleet battles are already so fun and visually immersive, and the background planets are already sort of in the "combat phase" in the current engine it seems like it would be possible to make the planets shooting weapons at the fleets as the engine and everything is now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 7:30:07 AM
Like in MOO, i really agree... Is really good to introduce ground combat on one planet at time: i really love this type of realistic conquest!!!
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment