Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Combat Feature Request : Promote Commanders in your Fleet

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 5:53:43 PM
Great game. One feature I would like to see, to make battles more involved:..

The ability to have fleet commanders and admirals. You appoint them, and they fight the war for you. Depending on the stats of that Officer determines the success of the War.

So for example. After each battle, there is a screen with the names of Officers in the Fleet; NPCs who have gotten battlefield commissions. You can choose to manually promote them, or Set it to Automatic. (The Military Chooses who to promote).

If you care enough you can groom a certin officer by placing them in more wars and getting them ranked up. Eventually they can become Fleet Admiral.

The combat system won't necessarily change except you have a bit more controll over how you would like a war fought. Depending on the Fleet Admirals Experience.

If he loses the war, or battle you choose to fire or replace him...

What do you guys think. Just an idea. but I think something like it will be cool to see...

It makes it combat more personal, since you've groomed this admiral or commander.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 6:41:18 PM
I like the idea (reminds me of the older Silent Hunter system with officers) but I think right now it would make heroes a little redundant. There have been talks of similar ideas before but more geared towards the ships themselves, not the officers aboard them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 6:57:30 PM
So, why not just assign a hero to your fleets?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 9:04:35 PM
While i'm always down for more depth, this does sound a little redundant what with the hero system thats already in place. If theres a change it should be made with the current system. Like make your heroes more like the ones in Total War....
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 9:29:37 PM
That sounds like a common thread from the Kabam community. The commanders and Admirals must of course go through combat training in the field first.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 2:27:05 AM
I
NewHorizon wrote:
By the way isnt this the exact same thing thats posted in the general forum?

Yep, that thread needs to be merged or moved.

But I also agree, this idea is a little too redundant, the hero system currently accommodates many leadership roles, adding a specific military role would be too narrow and would need to be reworked.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment