Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

UI- When prompted for space battle, add Retreat button

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 3:52:54 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
This is what the Retreat Card in battle does. Your fleet tries to escape, but one battle phase still happens. Survive that, and your free, assuming there is a string for your fleet to retreat along. There is a card you can unlock along the east tech tree that is called Combat Retreat, I believe, and allows you to avoid that battle phase, or at least most of the damage.

and it is a totally POINTLESS card in the scenario I list.

As I want to retreat regardless. I do not mean, survive without possibility of loss. I mean, do not waste my time loading the tactical combat module.

So it would work like AUTO but the AI would only execute a RETREAT and never anything else. I should not have to go manual just to make them flee.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 4:33:16 PM
It is mildly annoying having to go into battle to play the retreat card every time, i know people who just let their scouts and colonizers die because its annoying. I understand why they make you go into combat because you take some damage and sometimes you don't get away, but there has to be a way to auto calculate this without having to load the whole battle.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 5:17:25 AM
Agreed, I hate having to fire up the manual combat in order to simply retreat, I was truly surprised when my scout ship was destroyed when I hit auto resolve the first time as I had previously being using manually. Figured I'd just save time and hit auto as surely my scout would retreat in the face of overwhelming odds (2 defenders). Nope apparently it attempted to engage the defenders and was obliterated. The ability to define a fleet tactics or ship roles allowing the auto resolve to more intelligently handle battles. See the Fleet-Doctrine thread for more on this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 12:03:40 AM
FinalStrigon wrote:
This is what the Retreat Card in battle does. Your fleet tries to escape, but one battle phase still happens. Survive that, and your free, assuming there is a string for your fleet to retreat along. There is a card you can unlock along the east tech tree that is called Combat Retreat, I believe, and allows you to avoid that battle phase, or at least most of the damage.

And if we don't want to sit through 5 minutes of the same cinematic s over and over when we know we want to retreat before the battle ever begins?

Yes there is a card, but why should we as players have to sit through the loading and battle screens over and over (that can be rushed or anything). Try to do this a few times per turn and it becomes very tedious.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 5:29:07 PM
However, doing it this way is an unproductive waste of time which could be solved with a simple addition of a "retreat" button smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 5:26:09 PM
Shivetya wrote:
and it is a totally POINTLESS card in the scenario I list.

As I want to retreat regardless. I do not mean, survive without possibility of loss. I mean, do not waste my time loading the tactical combat module.

So it would work like AUTO but the AI would only execute a RETREAT and never anything else. I should not have to go manual just to make them flee.

I know what you're asking for. And it would be nice, yes. My point was just to point out those cards, in case the people in this thread didn't know about them. It's all you can do right now to save fleets facing certain destruction, and until such a time as an auto-retreat button is added (if it will be), it's all we can do.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 3:59:17 PM
Yup, adding a [RETREAT] button to the [AUTO][MANUAL] battle dialogue would be a great thing. Actually, adding an Always Auto-Retreat toggle to a fleet would be handy, particularly when your human opponent waits to start a battle knowing full well that you're already in another battle thus you can't escape his attack... *more simultaneous moves le sigh*
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 12:04:59 AM
Currently you have choices of Auto/Manual. Since half the time I just want to flee can we have Retreat as a button?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 3:10:34 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:

You're right FinalStrigon ! (It's one of the cards that I have never used lol)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 3:07:40 PM
vrashq wrote:
There is no need to put a retreat button. As Daltrain said, it should be albe only if your fleet has enought movement points !

But to make more realistic, it is necessary that the fleet retreating could receives damage and can still be destroyed !

0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 3:05:33 PM
There is no need to put a retreat button. As Daltrain said, it should be albe only if your fleet has enought movement points !

But to make more realistic, it is necessary that the fleet retreating could receives damage and can still be destroyed !
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 2:54:01 PM
If you all go into manual battle, there is a retreat card for you to use. I know it isn't the same as what you're all suggesting, but it could help you save your small fleets for now.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 12:36:55 AM
Yeah this does seem necessary, especially when I send my scout into a new system, only for the owners to try to kill it.

Maybe make it so that you can only retreat if your fleet has movement points left for that turn, as a way to balance things out
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 12:23:39 AM
Sounds good - try using a poll to vote for it with this thread, but I think you gotta add a summary link at the suggestion/summary/link thread also.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment