Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

alone in Space - game mode

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:20:20 PM
Hi,

I played some rounds endless space now and i have to say that this game is great!

But there is one thing i miss, a game mode where you can explore the space alone

without any AI empires. Such a game mode would be nice to test and optimize your

way to play. There should be also the possibility to order some Pirate fleets to test

your fleet setup.

Is such a game mode planned?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:33:56 PM
just play a really big map with one newbie computer. It took me 50 turns to find my first enemy on a small map!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:49:03 PM
I've wished for this a few times. I imagine it would get boring really quickly, but I do dislike having to go to war just to keep AI ally from winning expansion victory early on. I want to max out a bit smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 1:20:42 PM
SeraphimNL wrote:
I've wished for this a few times. I imagine it would get boring really quickly, but I do dislike having to go to war just to keep AI ally from winning expansion victory early on. I want to max out a bit smiley: biggrin

Simply turn off expansion victory. As a hint, if you want games that last indefinitely, enable only supremacy victory. For the game to end, someone has to conquer all of the other home worlds in the games. As long as you don't, and you keep your own home world safe, the game can't end.

As for the "Alone" feature...I don't know. ES doesn't seem like other games where exploration is really all that much. I think the game would get boring incredibly quickly if no one else was on the map.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 6:04:47 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
As for the "Alone" feature...I don't know. ES doesn't seem like other games where exploration is really all that much. I think the game would get boring incredibly quickly if no one else was on the map.

Well that would still be optional. After it gets boring, you could always start anew with enemies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 6:42:35 PM
Treupp wrote:
Well that would still be optional. After it gets boring, you could always start anew with enemies.

Naturally, but the concern with any new suggestion is that it would take up Development time. I don't really see this as being worth it, to be honest.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 7:20:14 PM
As zetal points out, it would take development time from the devs to get that in there. If you really want the feature, I'd go check out the Modding forum. Someone there may know how to rig up a game with no one else...Or, at the very least, a game with one single AI, that is limited in such a way it will never leave it's home planet.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment