Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Change the Battle System

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 11:41:52 AM
First I really liked the system until I engaged in the first fight. What silly fighting system is that, I expected something like in MOO 2 ... Please change the battle system if somehow possible to a classic RTS style, not this card shit. I know my post lacks details but I guess I made my point and others feel the same.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 11:52:30 AM
As stated already multiple times, this won't happen. The current battle system won't change (much), you will always fight battles by just picking cards and watching your fleet fight on its own.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 12:02:40 PM
Well, at last, can the Devs optimize the Single Player only Fights? If it is possible of course. Why i need to wait to start Battle? or a "retreat" button in Single play, to prevent "loading the fight". So the Game flow is not "broken".

i know, the focus of this Game is MP. but for some players like me, to "workout" the Day i have to Play alone
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 12:25:04 PM
Good suggestion. Try putting it in the suggestions forum.

Pre battle retreat seems excellent
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 1:33:59 PM
Happen secs ago to me.

I just 1 Round (without clicking next Round). Blue Enemy close in from outside the Planet Lines (i have this Research, too. So no big deal) to Intercept my "Planet takeover". He gatherer 2 Fleets and attacked me. i must retreat, and he flow away with the other fleet.

Yes, this all happened in 1 round only. i have done nothing.

Or, i was hunting his Fleet earlier. I saw it, but he flow away, so i could not follow him, because he flow away while i could not react.. Yes you guessed right "Next Turn" not pressed...

Guys, you SP solution and AI is not well resolved. The AI cheats, because his Movements are not bound like the players are. So please, rethink of this "feature"
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 2:46:11 PM
Yes lots of problems with combat... and auto retreat needs to be more accessible.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 8:28:39 PM
sorry disagree i like the way combats done , makes a change from having to micro manage your fleets , im looking at it from a 43 year olds veiw point trying to relax after work
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 7:17:55 AM
I am a great fan of turn based games but i fount the ES combat system really good and i enjoy it. Still room for improvement and needs some balancing but soon will be better
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:05:05 PM
It'd be nice if the battles lasted longer. A lot of 4x games seem to have the same issue, weapon damage outpaces defenses very easily.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:12:40 PM
nachtnebel wrote:
As stated already multiple times, this won't happen. The current battle system won't change (much), you will always fight battles by just picking cards and watching your fleet fight on its own.

This is as it should be in a game like this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:27:31 PM
Agreed

Did anyone else remember playing MOO2 and there were those battles that you had to micromanage for at least 30 minutes before you could hit the auto button? The ones where you had 20 doom stars and they had over 300 battleships and you had to make sure your stellar converters were taking out the best ones? This new battle system is far better, I love having a 5 minute battle. Granted I wish I could tell my fleet to target newer ships first, or run away and spam missiles but you can't have everything!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:56:36 PM
I like that Battle-System. At the Beginning i was a little bit disapointed but after looking closer at it im fascinated how such a minimalistic Battle-System make so much fun.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 4:59:42 PM
AngryAlbatross wrote:
This new battle system is far better, I love having a 5 minute battle. Granted I wish I could tell my fleet to target newer ships first, or run away and spam missiles but you can't have everything!

How are you having five minute battles? Mine were over in less than a minute even in late game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 5:09:20 PM
The current battle system makes for a nice flowing multiplayer game where it can get tedious very fast when every player is fighting long micromanaging battles, i like it, there is plenty of micromanaging going around to run your empire.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment