Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Please make the map bigger

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 7:14:48 AM
I think the current huge map is pretty small. Like Civilization 5 the huge map size is really big but on this game huge seams like a 3 person map and you can fill it with up to 7 other people without you. Please in the future make the map sizes bigger.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 7:41:23 AM
I tend to play with 4 players on an 8 player map on huge or greater and find that reasonably challenging in the initial colonization rush smiley: smile

But I'm pretty sure there are mods in the modding section here for massive galaxy generation!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 12:05:11 PM
You must take into action, that the more bigger, the more CPU Workload for the AI Moves and yours, it takes. So i think here they try to find a middle way for all kind of CPU Users. Perhaps Multi core tweak helps?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 6:53:35 PM
Well that shouldn't be a problem. If you create a huge map and your PC can't handle it create one a little smaller.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 7:05:54 PM
You can mod the maps bigger, but the apparently have memory issues.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 1:26:42 AM
Crusher122 wrote:
I think the current huge map is pretty small. Like Civilization 5 the huge map size is really big but on this game huge seams like a 3 person map and you can fill it with up to 7 other people without you. Please in the future make the map sizes bigger.

I have to ask - have you actually tried playing a huge map with the 8 players to the end? It takes... patience. Especially so because the end turn calculations take up to 10-15 seconds on a creme de la creme machine.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 2:06:21 AM
Mansen wrote:
I have to ask - have you actually tried playing a huge map with the 8 players to the end? It takes... patience. Especially so because the end turn calculations take up to 10-15 seconds on a creme de la creme machine.

Yes, but that's probably due to some flaws in the AI and simultaneous movement system. There are games out there with way bigger maps and more options that don't take forever for the AI to complete a turn.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 2:11:48 AM
I would like to see some slightly larger maps, but whoever said it is likely right, they will come from modding. I remember in Civ 4 i used to mod the maps to make them huge, that was always fun.

The largest maps on here, which are all i play on, with the density set to high still aren't very big, and by turn 50, or there about, it's totally colonized with maybe a few exceptions. Then you still end up with AIs that sometimes fail at the land grab and then seem to just shut down... its strange.

I remember gal civ 2 had some really big maps, i did have that in mind when i first played ES.

Now with that all being said, ES games do go by at a reasonable speed, and that probably has a lot to do with the map size.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 4:45:20 AM
I have to agree, even on Huge, high density, the galaxy still feels really... small. As another poster mentioned, it hardly takes that long in the scheme of things for either every system to get gobbled up by the AI, or that it's all simply locked off because it's within the influence.

Maybe another map size later on, like "Massive" or something.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 6:24:24 AM
Concur - I like a space game that has the feeling of the vastness of a galaxy.

-C
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment