Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] Small tweaks/bugs

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 6:38:42 PM
I just finished my first playthrough, and I ran across a few small bugs and annoying things.

- The clicking area for the ships and right clicking on a planet to move a ship is too small. I often missed.

- Why can I zoom out to a level where I see nothing? This seems useless and is annoying because I often wanted the highest level view that would still show me the planets and territory. To get that currently, I have to zoom out until everything disappears, then zoom back in one level.

- I prefer to just auto battle against the AI, but it got tedious. Why do I have to wait for the bar to fill up when I'm not against another human? Why do I have to click the button to attack for every fleet in the system? I should be able to just do it in a batch.

- I recruited so many heroes that I couldn't use one of them because it was off the screen and there's no way to scroll the view (at least that I could find). I'm on 1440x900 resolution.

- I found it hard to get a feel for the victory conditions and the situation. First of all, it was never explained what the different types of victories are. There should be a special victory display that shows the status of all victory conditions, instead of having to get the information for different victory conditions from different tooltips. Also, there should be an alert when someone's getting close to achieving a victory.

- Some buildings shouldn't be available if they're not useful in the system. For example, the ones that give a bonus on explored moons shouldn't even be allowed to be built in systems with no moons.

- For the tooltips of the planet specializations, please highlight the bonuses for the planet type I'm looking at.

- Offer an option to automatically add exploring moons and fixing anomalies to the build queues.

- I couldn't see any way to tell what the maximum number of heroes I could have is, other than the option to buy a new one being grayed out. The number should be indicated somewhere.

- Building tooltips could be a lot more useful if they showed the actual effect they'd have in the current system if you built it. For example, instead of just saying +2 dust per person on lava planets, put in parentheses after it +6 dust in this system, assuming there are 3 people on lava planets in that system. Possibly even show +12 max, meaning there are another 3 capacity that's not populated yet.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 4:26:57 AM
kernco wrote:
I just finished my first playthrough, and I ran across a few small bugs and annoying things.

- The clicking area for the ships and right clicking on a planet to move a ship is too small. I often missed.

- Why can I zoom out to a level where I see nothing? This seems useless and is annoying because I often wanted the highest level view that would still show me the planets and territory. To get that currently, I have to zoom out until everything disappears, then zoom back in one level.

- I prefer to just auto battle against the AI, but it got tedious. Why do I have to wait for the bar to fill up when I'm not against another human? Why do I have to click the button to attack for every fleet in the system? I should be able to just do it in a batch.

- I recruited so many heroes that I couldn't use one of them because it was off the screen and there's no way to scroll the view (at least that I could find). I'm on 1440x900 resolution.

- I found it hard to get a feel for the victory conditions and the situation. First of all, it was never explained what the different types of victories are. There should be a special victory display that shows the status of all victory conditions, instead of having to get the information for different victory conditions from different tooltips. Also, there should be an alert when someone's getting close to achieving a victory.

- Some buildings shouldn't be available if they're not useful in the system. For example, the ones that give a bonus on explored moons shouldn't even be allowed to be built in systems with no moons.

- For the tooltips of the planet specializations, please highlight the bonuses for the planet type I'm looking at.

- Offer an option to automatically add exploring moons and fixing anomalies to the build queues.

- I couldn't see any way to tell what the maximum number of heroes I could have is, other than the option to buy a new one being grayed out. The number should be indicated somewhere.

- Building tooltips could be a lot more useful if they showed the actual effect they'd have in the current system if you built it. For example, instead of just saying +2 dust per person on lava planets, put in parentheses after it +6 dust in this system, assuming there are 3 people on lava planets in that system. Possibly even show +12 max, meaning there are another 3 capacity that's not populated yet.

-> I would be happy just being able to right-click and grey out the option.

Also, I would very much like the available buildings to be automatically grouped by their color (function). I play at 25x14 and it's silly that I'm shown a tiny 4x4 (unsorted) grid of options. These two options would greatly improve playability.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment