Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Striking Systems Chance of Revolt

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 8:43:37 PM
Apologies if this one has been given before, but I didn't see it anywhere.

Why not give striking systems a chance of becoming independent each turn? They could become pirate-owned systems (and spawn pirate fleets, mwuhaha...).

This would give everyone another incentive to research pink things and keep those systems happy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 9:06:26 PM
I think this would cause a problem with the case that every system you successfully invade is on very low approval for some turns. (Sure this problem could be solved in some ways.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 9:46:30 PM
True. That would have to be a special case, I guess. Maybe a countdown timer that prevents a system from revolting after a successful invasion...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 12:14:18 AM
Maintaining a military presence should stave off revolt, both on newly acquired systems and cruelly oppressed colonies. Thus, keeping a fleet in the system of a certain size (maybe a certain number of MP per Pop) would prevent that system from revolting.

Also, newly captured systems should revolt to their original owners rather than pirates...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 1:23:05 AM
That seems to suggest that there isn't already an incentive to keeping a systems approval high. Doing so provides massive (up to doubling) bonuses to FIDS. Not keeping your systems happy is a mistake- plain and simple. Not doing so puts you behind your opponents anyway, and spawning pirates, while neat, wouldn't really be a necessary feature.

Thanks~!
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment