Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Initial Race-Specific Heroes

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:23:11 PM
Loving this game, been pretty much playing it non-stop since release.

One thing that would help me as a horrendously anal "immersioner" is for the initial 3 heroes to be more specific to my race. I can't see the UE sticking a Craver in control of their home system, whatever his crop-growing abilities.

As during the start up phase you're likely, depending on map, to go a while without meeting anyone else, would it not make a bit more sense for other-race heroes to appear after the initial cards are dealt, showing greater interaction with other races as the game progresses?

How much this matters to me does depend on the race i'm playing; Pilgrims, Sophons and Amoeba seem more likely to bring in outsiders but for the rest, it seems very unlikely (UE, Horatio, Hissho) or impossible (Sowers, Cravers) .

Obviously it's a small point in the grander scale and I probably obsess over these things a little more than most but using and getting to know the heroes is one of my favourite things about the game. I'd like to not have to expel all 3 Craver spies ("administrator" . . . right) every time I start (or more often, map reroll).

I'm sure this could be addressed by modding eventually, if anyone knows how I could alter this, lemme know.

TL;DR: Suggesting a majority/all heroes at game start are of player's race/affinity with other races coming later
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 1:33:31 PM
This has been suggested a number of time already.

That said, I completely agree with you. But as far as I know, I don't think the devs have made any decision on if they'll tweak the Heroes as the idea suggests or leave the system as it is. Seeing as the issue is a relatively minor one, it can go either way.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 9:38:37 AM
I agree that for multiplayer games, it needs to be fixed, but for single player games, there should be an option for this as a feature for those that want this in their games for their own enjoyment.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 3:08:39 PM
I have re-rolled a map at length to get race-reasonable heroes. I really wish they were race specific or at least you had the option of changing portraits. LOVE THIS IDEA!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 12:57:31 PM
I agree with this entirely. Having the starting heroes as selections from within your faction makes total sense.

As OP stated it makes no sense for Cravers etc to have a human or otherwise governing their home system.

Overall though great game and input like this is what the tweaking process is all about.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment