Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Some Anomalies Do Not Belong On Certain Planets

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 7:29:09 PM
I was playing a game and ran into a Gas Giant with the Poor Soil anomaly. In the same game I colonized an asteroid belt with Strange Fossils. Those must have been strange dinosaurs indeed to live on an asteroid!

Not sure if this is intended or not. Could be the poor soil is intended to represent just bad quality hydrogen. Or something. Either way it should probably be changed to better reflect the idea. Maybe Unstable Molecular Composition or something.

If there's already a post about this, sorry! I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 7:40:33 PM
Soil anomaly on a gas giant is a bit strange. There have, however, been meteors retrieved that have fossils in them. Granted, maybe not dinosaur bones or anything like that, but still... that asteroid belt could be the remains of a planet that got blown up or something like that. I think the strangest one I've seen is a flora anomaly on an asteroid belt.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 7:49:42 PM
This has indeed been pointed out before, but I don't know of it's status with the devs.

This is what happens, though, with the way the galaxy is generated. Random planets with random chances for anomalies can lead to (in my opinion) funny scenarios. There are the cases you mentioned, and I've run into Gardens of Eden on Lava worlds, Barren worlds that are Mineral Rich, and so on. Personally, I like seeing this. It's just a touch of humor and not anything that really needs the effort required to change.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 5:48:39 PM
This has already been suggested before: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11881-suggestion-type-organise-passive-planet-effects-into-logical-planet-classes

This thread has been linked to the former and is moved to the archives.

On a side note: The devs have severely restricted the anomalies to occur only on certain planet types, already. This seems to have slipped their attention, though.

(no more garden edens on asteroids)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment