Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Race specific technologies

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 10:09:51 AM
I think a few race specific technologies available only to that race would be nice.

I know there are "start with" technologies but they are only really apply at the beginning of the game, it would be nice to reserve on tech tree (is it really a tree? smiley: smile) some slots that provide different tech for different races, to make things more interesting.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 1:44:41 PM
I really do like this idea. Also I think that the tech-tree should be expanded to diversify the possibilities.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 5:46:51 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
Why would you want to turn them off?

I second that question? smiley: confused
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 6:27:40 PM
I can understand the desire to turn off or reassign the race-specific techs. After all, save the affinity bonus, this is what defines a race's preferred playstyle through the course of the game. It would offer another level of customization if we could assign, say, the Hissho's affinity with the Sophon's tech tree.

Whether it's necessary? I don't think so. But it's a nice bit of fluff, if needed...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 6:31:22 PM
I can understand it being difficult to balance, but I'm in favor of as much racial differentiation as possible, I like having a different experience based on who I'm playing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 6:50:34 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
There are race specific technologies. If you examine the tech tree, any nodes that are gold/yellow signify that the techs there are unique in some way to the race you are playing. The Endless Space wiki actually has a page listing all the tech in the game, as well as race specific ones:

http://endlessspace.wikia.com/wiki/Technology

Well in case of that: Great work to the dev's and: please, add more, I really wanna feel the difference between the different race!
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment