Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Weapons With the Destructive Capacity to Annihilate an Entire Planet

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 4:50:29 PM
Hey, First post. Just had an idea, may have already been suggested.

In my mind, Nothing says epic Space Opera than some sort of device that can destroy planets. Though I am not terribly good with balance or actually figuring out how they would work in game besides being endgame tech. Maybe it could be a faction super weapon of sorts, not exactly destroying planets but giving the faction a cool endgame advantage.

The only ideas that come to mind right now are

Craver Hunger Swarm- Weapon unleashes Nanobots that devour the planet, granting a FIDS bonus

Hisshio, Warriors Pride- Basically a Ship larger than a dreadnought that gives a really good invasion bonus, Maybe would be able to have more than one

As a player, I feel like it would give some flavor to the factions. I also think that the building of these superweapons would (and should) affect diplomacy. Basically threatening to use the weapon to get what you want.

Just some ideas, I may post again if I have some more.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 4:58:47 PM
No to the planet destroying.

Craver Hunger Swarm: this is exactly the same as their affinity.

Hisshio, Warriors Pride: This is silly, just equip normal dreads with invasion technology.

A type of super weapon could be cool, as long as we can give a nod to the horror is real life atomic war.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 5:51:31 PM
I'm also fairly certain that, during the alpha/beta testing, people suggested doomsday weapons. The devs have the idea tracked in their list as something that would be nice to have, so...We might see it, we might not, depending if they ever feel like getting around to it.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment